Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Dear Honey Bunches of Oats (part 2)

First off, I would like to commend you on your variety, be it cinnamon, strawberry, banana, peaches, et cetera. Just recently I discovered the Organic Honey Bunches of Oats, which as the very informative employee at Walmart tells me, it differs from the original because they make sure no pesticides or anything along those lines were used.

I was finally able to sit down this morning to a bowl, and I couldn't help but feel that it lacked the Honey Bunches of goodness that I once fell in love with. So I present to you these two theories I believe you should look into.

Theory 1
Whereas I agree with your decision to go the extra step in making a healthy product even healthier, I do believe that "organic" is not the way to go. Until you can convince everyone else to jump on the organic bandwagon, it seems pretty pointless for me to worry about Honey Bunches of Oats having unnatural ingredients when everything else available to me throughout the day has the same amount, or even more unnatural ingredients as your product. Perhaps if you could convince McDonalds, Coca-Cola, Pizza-Hut, and/or Hersheys to go along with you, then this whole plan would seem more feasible. Until then, I choose not to sacrifice the great taste which your original Honey Bunches of Oats has provided to me for so long.

Theory 2
Seeing as how the taste difference is so great between the original and the organic Bunches, I can't help but wonder about how awesome pesticides must taste. Perhaps you should look into a purely pesticidal cereal. You can have the original, and about a year later, you can introduce the new Inorganic version, which promises to have NO natural ingredients, thus supplying the buyer with an even better tasting version of the original Honey Bunches of Pesticides.

-Josh Wax

February 3, 2007 - Saturday

No comments: